Monday, July 30, 2012

Tropical Coconut Pizza - A Crowd Pleaser with #tropicalfruit #CBias

I love sharing special desserts with my family, but during the Summer months I tend to create more with fruit.  Light, fresh and sweet, fruit always wins smiles from my family.


This time I set out to make a Tropical Coconut Pizza, but since I live in Oregon (the opposite of a tropical locale) we headed in to our local Safeway to pick up our #tropicalfruit.


Our store carries a wide variety of fresh fruit, but I headed straight for the canned aisle to save myself the hassle of prep and finding perfectly ripe ingredients. Am I the only one who has gotten home with less than sweet and juicy exotic fruit?

Safeway carried a variety of Dole products perfect for my fruit pizza! From frozen sliced strawberries to canned Tropical Fruit, cream cheese and Cool Whip I found everything I needed to pull this off.


Check your local store for a special Dole end caps featuring Dole Canned Pineapple, Tropical Fruit or Mandarin Oranges. My store had the cans on club special. You can see my entire shopping experience in my Google+ album.

This recipe calls for cream cheese with pineapple, but if your store doesn't carry it just grab a can of Dole Pineapple Tidbits, drain and then fold into the beaten cream cheese like I did.


First assemble the ingredients. My kids were really interested in what I was making. When I said, "pizza" they thought I was joking.


The recipe calls for the cream cheese to be beaten, and I folded in the pineapple at the same time as the whipped topping and coconut. If you go this route be sure your pineapple is well drained.


I used an offset spatula to help me smooth and shape the "crust".


Adding the fruit is the best part and a great time to involve the kids.

 I had some fresh blueberries on hand so threw those on top. I loved the colors and sweet flavors, from the cold and sweet cream cheese crust to the toasted coconut on top - It was a hit! It took about 5 hours for my crust to be firm enough and when I served it, it sliced up easily. This would be a fun addition to any Summer party or as a week day treat.

Check out the complete Dole Tropical Coconut Pizza recipe on their site. While you are there, be sure to browse through their long list of other amazing recipes.

Connect with Dole's Facebook page or on twitter to hear about new products, promotions and events.

*Disclaimer - I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Dole #CBias #SocialFabric. All opinions are my own.
Andrea
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea. My kids will love it too. This was my first try at DOLE Tropical fruit and it is so good! What a fun and different recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good! What a great summer recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!